Kindergarten - Gr. 6
Lakedell School is located in a rural setting, 48 km west of Wetaskiwin along Highway #13. Our school emphasizes literacy and numeracy development at all grade levels, and our programming meets the diverse educational needs of our students. The student population is usually just under 100 pupils, of which 40% are of Indigenous ancestry and, for the most part, reside in the Four Band Reserve at Ma-Me-O Beach, but who also live at Louis Bull Reserve and off reserve. The majority of our students reside within the County of Wetaskiwin (approx. Range Road 280 in the east and Range Road 23 in the west) and the summer villages at the south and west shores of Pigeon Lake. Our school serves students in ECS (Kindergarten) along with grades one through six. Junior High and High School students are bussed to Pigeon Lake Regional School. All our students are bussed or driven to school.
Operating Hours- Buses arrive after 8:20 AM and depart by 3:45 PM. Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Mr. Donald Teplyske 780 335 4549
Principal - Mr. Donald Teplyske
Administrative Assistant - Mrs. Vivian Smith
"Inspiring Discovery, Learning and Success Together"
Through education and positive encouragement, Lakedell School students will experience success as they develop their knowledge, skills, and talents.
Vision: We envision as school where:
- There is mutual respect, honesty, responsibility, and cooperation among the school community;
- The environment is a safe, secure, and inviting place that promotes student learning;
- Curriculum and instruction meet the needs of students;
- Students are equipped with skills that enable them to apply their learning in a meaningful context; and
- All students are equipped with the skills to gain knowledge for lifelong learning.