A number of new protocols designed to keep students as safe as possible are being introduced into the daily operations of our schools.
- FYI: Families that choose the “School-At-Home-Learning” option will be contacted during the week of September 14. Please let Mr. Teplyske know if you are interested in this option.
Staggered School Entry
- A staggered entry means different grades will start the school year on different days.
- This approach will reduce the number of students on the first day to provide them with the opportunity to become familiar with new routines that will be in place in the school and classrooms.
- Following the schedule below, staff will work with students to explain new processes and procedures that must be followed.
- Lakedell School first day of attendance:
- September 2: Grades 3 and 6 only.
- September 3: Kindergarten, Grades 2 and 5 only.
- September 4: Grades 1 and 4 only.
We are all looking forward to returning to Lakedell School and making the school year the most positive learning experience possible for all students. Please contact Mr. Teplyske if you have any questions about Lakedell School's plans for school re-entry, either at the school 780-586-2415 or on his cell at 780-335-4549.
- Every Kindergarten to Grade 12 student will be issued two reusable masks.
- It is expected that students and staff will use a clean mask.
- Masks are mandatory for all students on the bus.
- Masks are mandatory for students in grades 4-12 in all school settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained. This includes wearing them in classrooms and shared areas such as hallways and buses.
- Masks for kindergarten to grade 3 students at school is strongly encouraged.
- Masks are mandatory for staff in all settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.